Quote

Because in the school of the Spirit,
man learns wisdom through humility,
knowledge by forgetting,
how to speak by silence,
how to live by dying.
-Johannes Tauler

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

my iPod broke.


i've had it attached to my hip for the past 5 years, and when it almost broke 2.5 years ago in Sydney, I almost cried. Somehow, it's lasted this long, though, and I'm sure I should have upgraded by now...but you know what's strange about all this? 

I don't even care. 

There's definitely something larger at work this year.
At the prompting of a friend (thanks Brandon!) I read (in just 10 days!) Happy Are You Poor: The Simple Life and Spiritual Freedom by Thomas Dubay, S.J. (one of my favorite writers!) and it has given a whole new depth to this year of voluntary poverty. Throughout the rest of the year, don't be surprised if you find me quoting from Dubay's writing...he has such a grand way of explaining things so that there's no arguing with him! 



It was, quite simply, the best thing I could have read towards the beginning of this journey. 
More on the book soon. 

More on the struggles and revelations soon as well. 

+


No comments:

Post a Comment