Quote

Because in the school of the Spirit,
man learns wisdom through humility,
knowledge by forgetting,
how to speak by silence,
how to live by dying.
-Johannes Tauler

Monday, September 27, 2010

Blessed Mama T

This beautiful woman. I have noticed her following me this year....or perhaps she is leading and so beckoning to me to come forward with her, and I am beginning to wonder if maybe I should have committed myself to a study of her life for this year of poverty - she embodies it so perfectly. 


I came across these words of hers today...you see what I mean? 


"The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are. Poverty for us is a freedom. It is not mortification, a penance. 
It is joyful freedom. There is no television here, no this, no that. But we are perfectly happy."



No comments:

Post a Comment